The Certification Center, Inc. sponsors
Emergency Nurses' Association (ENA) Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC)
We Offer Three Options for TNCC Certification
2 Day TNCC Training – Initial course for new ED RNs or RNs that see trauma patients infrequently.
1 Day Fast Track– For Experienced RN’s who have had TNCC in the past and just need a refresher before testing.
Challenge – Typically for Experienced RN’s who have had TNCC in the past and work in active trauma centers. This is just skills testing with no training. No pre-course modules required. BE PREPARED, make sure you are extremely comfortable with the Trauma Nursing Process (TNP)—we will provide references PRIOR to attending if requested.
To complete the course, you must:
- Obtain and review of the 8th edition TNCC textbook-- REQUIRED for all Options (available for purchase & pickup thru our office).
- Complete the online pre-course modules (Link to ENA website issued after registration). Required for 2-day & 1-day Fast Track. Must be completed BEFORE arriving for the class. Entry is not possible WITHOUT pre-course modules completed.
- Complete and participate in the required class sessions for the selected course. Pass the Trauma Nursing Process Skills session with a 70% or greater.
- Pass the online written exam (80% or greater) within 7 days of the course (50 questions, open-book, 2-hour time limit, 2 attempts, random questions)
- Textbook or eBook for TNCC: We recommend registering about 4 weeks prior to course to prepare for the TNCC content. If you are registering in a shorter time, please realize that you will have less time to prepare. The TNCC written exam is an open-book exam so having the textbook is essential for successful completion. ENA offers an E-Book as an option for late registrants not having a hardcopy textbook that can be emailed at the time the eBook order is placed.
2-Day Training Course - $395.00
1-Day Fast Track Course- $245.00 TNCC
TNCC 8th Edition Student Manual: $90.00
E-Book, TNCC 8th Edition Provider Manual: $78.00
Continuing Professional Development Contact Hours:
ENA is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation Commission on Accreditation. Attendees receive a Certificate of Attendance with the appropriate number of contact hours awarded after attending the course and completing a course evaluation. Attendees must attend the entire course to receive contact hours.
Jerry O’Leary DNP, RN--- ENA TNCC/ENPC Course Director/ Instructor
Louise McEvoy MSN, RN--- ENA TNCC/ENPC Instructo